Saturday, July 16, 2011

Girls in the game

Working with the summer program Girls in the Game has been an amazing adventure. I have really enjoyed meeting all the girls in the group, and also the leaders Coach Jenny and Coach Lauren. While I was there I have learn a lot from this program. Some of the things I have learn is inner and outer beauty. The thing about inner and outer beauty is that when someone ask you what make a girl beautiful? Someone would answer her eyes, nose , or even her smile. That would be her outer beauty, but her inner beauty would be something like she is very positive. She is an outgoing person. That is one of the MANY things that I have learned. In this program the girls do a lot of exercise, but at the same time have fun with it. They do a lot of running, jumping jacks, and my favorite toe-touching.



There were times I was there when we went on field trips. One of my favorite field trip is going to an elementary by the brown line Kimball station. We went there as a leaders of the younger girls. We did many workshops, and played games with them. The game that they really seemed to like the most is the flag grab game. They had to go around and get as many flags off people as they can. If your flag was pulled you had to do 10 jumping jacks. They loved it so much that they didn't even want us to leave them. This week was very nice and exciting. I had a real nice time with this summer program. I encourage other teenage girls to join this program. Girls in the Game you are doing a great job, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment